Courage to Continue
A friend recently posted ten Winston Churchill quotes for “lovers and entrepreneurs.” But as I read through them, I thought, “These are for mothers and others….those working to make the world a better place for our children, too. These are for fathers and grandfathers who served our country, protecting our freedom….”
The words are inspiring and reminders that anything worth having is worth fighting for and that freedom sometimes requires sacrifice at the highest levels.
So as we honor those who have fought for freedom this Memorial Day weekend, remembering those that have served our country in countless ways, here is to those that continue to serve on the front lines working to restore the health of our children…at home, at school and in our communities.
1. “A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.”
2. “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.”
3. “If you are going through hell, keep going.”
4. “Play for more than you can afford to lose and you will learn the game.”
5. “Continuous effort – not strength or intelligence – is the key to unlocking our potential.”
6. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
7. “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.”
8. “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.”
9. “Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.”
10. “Never, never, never give up.”