This recipe is courtesy of the fantastic Elana Amsterdam who is the founder of www.elanaspantry.com. and author of The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook & Gluten-Free Cupcakes. About this recipe Elana writes..
I mentioned in my Stuffed Peppers post the other day that I would give you all the recipe for my Cauliflower “Rice.” Around here, we call it Cauli Rice, and I’m super happy that my husband and children like to eat it as much as I do. Cauliflower Rice is a tasty, nutritious, grain-free, alternative to white rice for those of us that follow a Primal or Paleo eating plan. Works for the Atkins people too.
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
1 cup celery, finely diced
1 head cauliflower, trimmed and coarsely chopped
¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat
2. Saute onion over medium heat for 10 minutes, until soft
3. Add celery to skillet and saute for 5 minutes
4. Meanwhile, place cauliflower in a food processor with the “S” blade and process until the texture of rice
5. Add cauliflower to skillet, cover and cook 5-10 minutes, until soft, then add salt