Coconut Dulce de Leche Sauce
Allergy Kids Foundation Recipes | Angela Simon | May 2, 2010
Made with coconut milk, this delectable sauce is rich, silky and I love to serve it with the Mexican Chocolate Tart and my Vegan Coconut Chai Cake.
Servings: 2 1/2 cups
- 2- 14 ounce cans unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups (packed) organic golden brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- Whisk coconut milk, sugar, and coarse salt in heavy large skillet over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium-high and boil until mixture is reduced, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer sauce to small jars. Cool completely, then cover sauce and chill.
Adapted from Epicurious.com