Dr. Fuhrman’s Famous Anti-Cancer Soup
Allergy Kids Foundation Recipes |June 8 , 2010
- 1 cup dried split peas and/or beans
- 4 cups water
- 4 medium onions
- 6-10 medium zucchini
- 3 leek stalks
- 2 bunches kale, collards or other greens, chopped, tough stems and center ribs cut off and discarded
- 5 pounds carrots (4-5 cups juice)*
- 2 bunches organic celery (2 cups juice)*
- 2 tablespoons Dr. Fuhrman’s VegiZest or Mrs. Dash
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 8 ounces mushrooms (shiitake, cremini and/or oyster) chopped
- Place the beans and water in a very large pot over low heat.
- Add whole onions, whole zucchini and whole leeks to the pot along with chopped kale. Add carrot juice, celery juice and VegiZest(or Mrs Dash).
- Simmer mixture until onions, zucchini and leeks are soft, about 20 minutes. Remove the soft onions, zucchini, and leeks from the pot along with some of the soup liquid, being careful to leave the beans and some of the kale in the pot.
- Using a blender or food processor, completely blend/puree the onions, zucchini, and leeks. Add more soup liquid and the cashews to the mixture, and blend in. Return the blended, creamy mixture back to the pot. Add the mushrooms and simmer another 30 minutes or until beans are soft.
* Juice carrots and celery in a juice extractor. Fresh juiced organic carrots are necessary to maximize the flavor of this soup.