Herb Roasted Lamb
Allergy Kids Foundation Recipes | Angela Simon | May 2, 2010
Lamb is definitely an ingredient that reminds us chefs that Spring has arrived, perfect for your Sunday dinners or brunches. Serve with Herb Roasted Potatoes.
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, freshly grated
- salt and pepper
- 1 leg of lamb (organic, all natural preferred; Grant Family Farms)
- Combine all ingredients (except lamb) in food processor, pulse until marinade is smooth.
- Cut small slits into leg of lamb, rub marinade thoroughly over into leg of lamb. Cover and refrigerate several hours, at least 4-6 hours.
- Place lamb on rack in a roasting oven pan and roast uncovered at 350 degrees. Roast 20-25 minutes per pound or until meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Serve with Herb Roasted Potatoes (or Roasted Carrots) and Mint Jelly.