Orange Sesame Kale
Allergy Kids Foundation Recipes
- 2 bunches kale
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1 cup raw tahini (pureed sesame seeds)
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon unhulled sesame seeds
- Remove large stems from kale and discard.
- Chop leaves and place in a large bowl.
- Pour orange juice over top. Toss to combine.
- Cover and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Before ready to use, steam orange juice soaked kale until tender.
- In a food processor or powerful blender (like a Vita Mix) combine soy milk, tahini, currants, and lemon juice until smooth and creamy.
- Toss kale with 1/2 of the tahini sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds
Note: The remaining sauce may be used over steamed swiss chard, spinach or any type of greens you desire.