Spring Celebration Soup
Allergy Kids Foundation Recipes | Angela Simon | May 2, 2010
Adapted from Simply in Season
An excellent meal starter or a complete dinner when served with the Springs Green Salad. Asparagus is in season now, and a wonderful time to try it and see what your family thinks.
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 green onions, chopped, plus 3 tablespoons reserved for garnish
- 2 cups carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup asparagus, chopped
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth (Organic preferred)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 cup spinach, torn
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a soup pot over medium heat, heat grapeseed oil, add garlic. Saute for 1 minute.
- Add green onions and carrots, saute till tender about 5-7 minutes.
- Add asparagus and broth, cook until asparagus is just barely tender (do not over cook). Add lemon juice.
- Stir in spinach, parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with green onions, freshly grated parmesan cheese(if not allergic).
If you had any leftover roasted chicken or meat of your choice, you could always add it to the soup also, just increase the broth by 1 cup.