Sunny Bean Burgers
Allergy Kids Foundation Recipes | June 8, 2010
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 cups cooked red or pink beans, or canned low or no salt, drained
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons ketchup, low sodium
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ or oats
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop the sunflower seeds in a food processor or hand chopper.
- Mash the beans with a potato masher or food processor and mix with sunflower seed meal.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients and form into six patties.
- Lightly oil baking sheet with a little olive oil on a paper towel. Place patties on the pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool, about 10 minutes, until you can pick up each patty and compress it firmly in your hands to re-form the burger.
- Turn patties over and bake another 10 minutes.
Note: If desired, these may be done on a grill.