Environmental Toxins: From Boobs to Babies
I was honored to be included on a bloggers only call last night for LUNA BARS. On the call, remarkable women, working to protect the health and well being of all women (and our daughters), addressed the risks that environmental toxins present to our health.
As we work to empower mothers and inspire them in ways that they can protect the health and well being of their children, LUNA is doing the same thing: advising women of simple steps that they can take to help minimize their chances of developing breast cancer, so here are the tips!
- Create a Healthy Home (Learn How!)
- Eat Smart (just like AllergyKids, LUNA understands the importance of avoiding chemical toxins in our diets in an effort to prevent breast cancer)
- Choose Safe Cosmetics (our make-up is loaded with chemicals)
- Get Outside (grab the stroller and go!)
A few more ideas, for those that are taking this seriously (remember only 1 out of every 10 cases of breast cancer can be attributed to a genetic link. So does that mean that 9 out of 10 cases could be prevented? We can always hope!)
- Reduce your consumption of red meat and conventional milk due to the hormones and chemicals that these contain.
- Eat organic whenever possible (to avoid consuming pesticides and other toxins linked to breast cancer risk)
- Exercise (get out the stroller and take a walk!)
- Avoid drinking liquids out of plastic containers (these containers ‘leach’ dangerous chemicals into your liquids)
- Try to avoid eating canned foods (the chemical lining of cans, bisphenol A, has also been linked to breast cancer)
Jeanne Rizzo, R.N., did a phenomenal job of fielding questions about diet’s role in the development of diseases. AllergyKids can not begin to express our gratitude for Jeanne and LUNA BARS.
To learn more about ways to protect your health (and your daughters), please visit www.pureprevention.org