The landscape of children’s health has changed, and our goal is to make sure that clean and safe food is affordable to all children.
No longer are our children guaranteed a healthy childhood – not in the face of the current rates of autism, food allergies, diabetes, childhood cancers and obesity. The mission of the AllergyKids Foundation is to create a healthy food system.
AllergyKids is working with non profit organizations, for profit companies, world class athletes, celebrities and parents around the world to inspire change in our global food system for the health of children. With a focus on the additives in the U.S. food supply for which no long term human safety studies have been conducted and the additives not found in children’s foods around the world, we are working to bring awareness to these issues, particularly the fact that many of these controversial ingredients are not used by our very own American food companies in the children’s products that they make and sell overseas.
Our goal is simple and straightforward: we want to protect children. In our efforts to achieve this, the AllergyKids Foundation works to:
- Inform parents and caregivers about food grown without chemical additives, growth hormones and toxins.
- Address the increasing prevalence of chemical additives, growth hormones and toxins now found in the U.S. food supply and its impact on the health of our families.
- Provide materials and resources to help individuals and families reduce their exposure to hidden chemicals in their diets.
- Cultivate team building and grassroots movements that drive change in our schools, communities, organizations, and federal food policy.
- Inspire choices that enhance overall quality of life, improve nutrition and create change in the health of our communities.
Our mission is a mighty one, but we believe that our children deserve nothing less. We can accomplish so much together.
As we work to do more, we are thankful for the heroic work that all of you are doing and are continually inspired by your stories of courage, hope, tenacity and faith.
Together, we can achieve the healthy childhoods that are children so deserve. And at the AllergyKids Foundation, we believe that hope is the knowledge that change is possible. The challenge is in the moment. The time is now.